Additional Information about Begonia 'Gryphon'
Plug crop time: 8 to 9 weeks
Transplant to finish: 5 to 6 weeks
- Easy-care, low-water plant blends beauty with strength and durability to make a dramatic statement in mixed or solo containers.
- Fits into existing begonia plug culture; easier and quicker to produce than vegetative foliage types.
- More tolerant of stressful conditions than Rex begonias for less shrink.
- Retailers appreciate the longer sales window and versatility for outdoor container and indoor pot plant sales.
- Unique tropical appearance perfect impulse item.
- Lets consumers extend their enjoyment by bringing plants indoors at the end of the season.
Height: 14 to 16 in./35 to 40 cm in shade, 12 to 14 in./30 to 35 cm in partial sun; may grow to 30 in./75 cm tall in hot/humid conditions Best for: 6-in. (15-cm) pots
Amazing foliage begonia brings a big “wow” factor to retail programs. Showy displays, low water needs and indoor/outdoor versatility make Gryphon popular with retailers and gardeners. It’s easy and quick to produce, as Gryphon fits into existing begonia plug culture.